The Overworked Business Owner
Owning a business does not have to mean it owns you.
Have you heard the following from family and friends lately?
- We never see you anymore!
- You're always working!
- When are you going to ever take a vacation?
- We are worried about you.
- The business is running your life!
- What about us?
It's true. At times, having your own business does mean working hard, sacrifice and doing it all yourself. However, your future success depends more on your ability to delegate, stay focused and make smart decisions. It is impossible to do this if you are caught in micromanaging your daily business needs at the cost of your personal life and self-care.
At the End of Your Life, It Is Doubtful That You Will Say to Yourself, "I Wish I Had Spent More Time at Work."
I know it's tough and a bit scary to make changes, especially if you've been caught in this behavior pattern for years now. To be sure, let's see if this sounds like you:
- You'd like to take some time off, but you would be too worried about your business to enjoy yourself. And who would take care of things!?
- You've tried to delegate, but it didn't work out. So you felt forced to do it all yourself.
- You are the "go-to" person for just about everything at work, and you find it hard imagining any other alternative.
- Deep down, you don't like micromanaging every detail. It's exhausting and, more and more, you're feeling burned out.
- Sometimes you worry that if you did take time off, you fear falling apart or wonder what you'd do with yourself.
- Your family and friends are always complaining that they never see you and your family life has suffered serious damage. At times you feel it was part of the deal, but now, you're not so sure.
- You've thought about doing things differently, but don't know where to start.
You Can't Continue This Way and Expect Success in Life.
Success is self-defined. Naturally, finances are a big part of it but so is feeling at peace and in balance with your life. Feeling peaceful is essential to your personal and professional success because this gives you a deepened ability to think clearly, stay focused and make smart choices. Things like enjoying down-time without the guilt, reconnecting with your life partner and personal faith, being there for your kids, taking time to appreciate what you have and who you've become in life all create clarity and grounding in an otherwise demanding professional life. This sounds good, right? But you're probably wondering how in the world you would ever have a taste of that!
It's Time to Be Smarter.
"Working smarter, not harder," as the saying goes, is the key to your freedom and lifelong abundance. It doesn't require giving up the reigns in your business. But it does require reassessing your choices, how you allocate your energy and considering solutions that create the peace and success you desire in life. The first step is having a safe and unbiased sounding board for your ideas and concerns. Business owners need someone outside of their immediate circle to discuss these things to ensure non-judgmental and non-reactive feedback. Someone who's been there and can relate to the challenges of being self-employed and balancing a personal life.
Ray Angelini, Ph.D., Has the Tools and Support to Help You Work Smarter and Live Better.
With over 16 years' experience as a psychologist in private practice I understand human behavior and what drives us to make certain choices in life. As a professional business coach for over five years, I show entrepreneurs how to experience a life of greater ease at work and at home (without selling their company and relocating to a deserted island). Myself a successful business owner since 1990, I bring life experience to the daily challenges of being self-employed and balancing a home life, being in relationship and having children to care for.
Find out if this is for you.
I invite you to contact me to share your own business balance challenges, ask key questions and talk about possible solutions. We'll discuss your situation and goals and I'll give you an experience of what it would be like to have a Smarter Approach to living and working.
All you have to do is take the First Step.