Finding the Right Fit
How to Choose a Coach
It begins with the realization that you are doing well — but now it's time to do better! Once you have arrived at the decision that personal or professional coaching is a good move for you at this stage of your life and career, the next step is to select someone who can help you derive the most benefit from entering into a coaching relationship.
A few of the criteria you should consider in choosing a coach include that person's education, training, background, experience, personality, philosophy, and coaching methodology. Credentials can be just as important as reputation in this business, and for that reason I have provided on this page a few of the biographical particulars you will need to determine whether or not I am the kind of coach you are looking for.
Some of these criteria are more quantifiable than others. But the final decision will rest ultimately on your intuitive sense that I am someone with whom you feel comfortable working — in other words, a purely gut feeling that you can enter into a successful partnership with the prospective coach. Therefore, I invite you to call me for a free half-hour introductory session to find out if my style of coaching is to your liking. You have nothing to lose.
Highlights of Ray's Curriculum Vitae
- B.S. — Psychology, Fordham University, 1980
- Ph.D. — Clinical Psychology, St. John's University, 1987
- Licensed Psychologist
- Graduate, Coach Training Program (CTP), Coach University, April 2001
- Clinical Psychology
- Professional Business and Personal Coaching
Pertinent Publications and Media
- Biweekly newspaper column in The Saratogian, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Interviewed by New York Capital News 9 in Albany for stories on:
- Tips to Avoid Career Burnout
- Are Financial Troubles Affecting Your Health?
- Minimizing Stress at Work
Some Areas of Specialization
- Strengthening personal effectiveness
- Improving corporate efficiency
- Keeping your sanity while building a business
- Controlling workaholism
- Integration of work & life
- Addiction recovery
- Stress reduction
- Health practice marketing
- Spiritual development
- . . . and much more!
Selected Industry Experience
- Small business
Profile of Recent Clientele
- Salaried professionals
- Healthcare administrators
Portfolio of Corporate Clients
- New York State Police
- Skidmore College
- Saratoga Hospital
- New York State Department of Corrections
- New York State Park Police